Employment Support Assistant
Have a bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation, psychology, sociology, business, marketing, or related field and 1 year of documented related experience
Have an associate degree in rehabilitation, psychology, sociology, business, marketing or related field and 2 years of documented related experience
High School diploma or GED and at least three years of documented related experience, including living and caring for someone with a disability.
Experience supporting people directly, Valid PA Driver’s License, automobile liability insurance and able to pass Act 33, 34, 126, and 153 Clearances.
Position Purpose and General Summary
Provides Work Based Learning Experience, Job Shadowing, and other related services which enable referred individuals to experience, develop, and achieve job readiness skills so as to obtain and retain employment in the community. Delivers services on a one-to-one basis or in groups using positive approaches and person-centered practices.
- Assures people have what is important to them present in their everyday life.
- Provides the skills and support necessary for people to participate in their desired roles and build natural support in the community.
- Assures relationships with friends and family are nurtured and protected.
- Assures people are treated with dignity and respected as a whole person.
- Assures people have the power to make informed decisions while having choice and control over their lives.
Employment Training Assistant Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with referrals and their team to provide program and employment information and options. Coordinates and participates in the development of plans for employment experience(s). Implements plans for employment. Provides any and all services necessary to achieve employment experience.
- Provides training and one-to-one, or group, support to program participants once employment experience has been achieved. Fades off when appropriate. Follows up with program participants and employer as appropriate.
- Completes required paperwork and reports for internal and external audiences.
- Identifies transportation needs to and from employment experience site(s) as needed.
- Markets The Learning Community of PA to funding sources and area business and industry.
- Attends a minimum of 24 hours of related training per year.
- Performs job assignments and attention to, and in compliance with, The Learning Community of PA’s mission, values, and ethics, and with a positive attitude; cooperates with others inside and outside the organization.
- Communicates in an appropriate and professional manner with others inside and outside the organization; maintains a high level of dependability including attendance at work and punctuality.
- Keeps sensitive information relative to the organization, employees, and/or the people we provide services confidential and adheres to the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Completes mandatory orientation program and annual training programs completes applicable attendance documentation; shares newly acquired information with fellow employees; attends and participates in applicable meetings, committees, and/or ad hoc work groups.
- Performs assignments in accordance with the organization’s safety and health program; reports safety/health hazards or violations of safety/health policies to assigned supervisor.
- Uses, maintains, and safeguards equipment, supplies, financial resources, etc. in an appropriate manner and in the best interest of the organization; reports needed equipment repairs.
- Maintains appropriate professional dress in accordance with company and department standards and acceptable practices.
- Must be alert, aware and agile.
- Performs other similar and related duties as necessary and/or as assigned.
Special Job Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- Capability to learn and apply concepts of Every Day Lives, Positive Approaches, and applicable regulations.
- Must be commuter literate and able to learn computer programs for service delivery and documentation.
- Perform a wide variety of jobs in companies located throughout the service delivery area.
- Will be enabled to obtain Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators (ACRE) Certification when necessary.